Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Highly Requested Bread Recipe

So you know how I am a huge fan of homemade bread and I make at least one loaf of homemade bread each week. Well, this past week I attended two potluck events and I took homemade bread to both. I created some raving fans. People couldn’t stop talking about “The Bread”. So now I’m going to help you create some raving fans too by sharing my recipes. This bread is 100% whole grain and as you read the recipe you'll see it has only pure healthy ingredients, unlike 99% of the breads you'll find on the grocery store shelves.

This is the recipe I made for the Women’s Cycling Group on June 20th….

Whole Wheat Oatbran Bread (2lb Loaf)
1 ¼ cup water
3 TBS honey
2 TBS applesauce, unsweetened
4 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup oatbran (farina or cornmeal can be substituted)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp bread machine yeast
2-3 tsp vital gluten

I know different bread machines have different instructions. For my machine, I put all of the wet ingredients in first, followed by the flour and other grains. I make a well in the flour and put my yeast in the well and then cover it up with some of the flour. Then I sprinkle the salt around the edge of the bread pan, to keep it as far from the yeast as possible. Then I sprinkle the vital gluten over the top of the flour. I bake this on the whole wheat cycle.

If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, ENJOY!

Recipes that are coming in the near future are Whole Wheat Strawberry Craisin Sunflower Bread, Whole Wheat Oatmeal Maple Bread, and Homemade Hummus.


To Your Best Health,

Melissa Guthrie
Triumph Training Fitness & Nutrition
BSc Nutritional Science
BSc Exercise Physiology
Nutrition Coach
ACE Certified Fitness Trainer/Group Ex. Instr.
New Leaf Metabolic Technician
Competitive Triathlete
Healthy Cooking Enthusiast

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home